The wild daisies are flowering in abundance here in central Connecticut. Here are instructions for making a good old fashioned daisy chain.
1. Pick some daisies with long stems.
2. Use your thumbnail to slit the stalk about 2 inches below the flower.
3. Thread the stalk of another daisy through the split part of the stalk.
4. Make a slit in the 2nd daisy’s stem.
5. Thread another daisy through.
7. When finished, join the chain into a circle and wear as a crown or necklace.
The chain can be dried and preserved by hanging it up for a few days in a dry spot. It will last for months. Chains can be made with other flowers too.